MacBook Pro HDMI Adapter Guide
In 1976, a manual assembled PC called Apple-1 was released and a small company named Apple Inc. was found. A magic journey of technology starts.
In 2016, one of the fastest data processing PC in the world —MacBook Pro series was released by Apple Inc. Its innovative designs in Touch bar and transmission ports are so amazing that re-define the concept of notebook.
In order to become lighter and thinner, the new MacBook Pro replace all of conventional ports with USB-C ports, which the max speed of data transmission can reach to 10 Gbps.
The common port in old type MacBook like USB-A port, Magsafe charging port, HDMI port and SD card reader are canceled and its function will be all fulfilled by USB-C ports.
But for user who get used to MacBook series, it may be a bit of awkward to find it is hard to access to other device or charging without the adapter. As the design of fully using USB-C ports is really ahead of the time while most devices could not support USB-C port.
HDMI, or High Definition Multimedia Interface, is a compact audio/video interface for transferring uncompressed video data and compressed digital audio data, which is an important function for us to watching movies or playing games at a bigger screen. So what to do with a MacBook Pro to be connected with? Yes, you will need a MacBook Pro HDMI adapter. While searching HDMI adapter for MacBook Pro on the Internet, different types of HDMI adapters will be found, and there are three main types one the market now:
- 1. Ordinary HDMI adapter: Only single one port for HDMI cable and one cable with joint for USC-C port. Its size is similar with a charge pal or smaller, easy to hold and carry with. See more details: https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-uni-Thunderbolt-Compatible-Pixelbook/dp/B075V68NVR/
- 2. Integrated adapter: A type of adapter which integrates multiple functions of adapters. MacBook’s users who require not only one function of HDMI output, and they may need to get a quantity of adapter and converter. See more details: https://www.amazon.com/HooToo-Adapter-Charging-MacBook-Chromebook/dp/B019R9ILTG
- USB-C Hub with charging port*1;
- HDMI port*1;
- USB 3.0 port*3;
- SD memory card reader*1;
- 3. Dock integrated in the MacBook Pro protective case can not only protect MacBook from surface damage, and the adapter is composed of several commonly-used ports. See more details: https://www.dockcase.com/
- LAN Ethernet*1; (1000M Gigabit)
- HDMI Video Output*1; ([email protected] ~ [email protected])
- USB-C PD*1;
- USB 3.1 Data*1; (Up to 5 Gbps)
- USB 3.0 Data*3; (Up to 5 Gbps)
- SD & Micro SD Card Reader*1
If the function for HDMI output is only what you need, an ordinary HDMI adapter is enough.
If an adapter which combined with multiple functions is what you’re looking for, the integrated adapter is a better choice.
If an adapter is not only with powerful functions, but also can protect the MacBook and never occupy any space, why not have a try on DockCase?
For Macbook Pro Type C accessories : Take Advantage of 50% Off discount on Indiegogo here!