How to choose a power bank for your 2020 iPad Pro 11/12.9 inch?
The iPad Pro 11 inch and 12.9 inch released in March are definitely the best laptop replacement ever. The fast A12Z Bionic performance, the brilliant display, iPad OS’ new and improved cursor control, the “Magic” Keyboard, and the long battery life. All these make the new iPads the best tablet you can buy. However, for those iPad heavy users and those who need to frequently go out with a tablet, it’s necessary to have a power bank on them as well. Since there are a large number of power banks out there, and the specifications are sometimes confusing, here we list some tips for you to choose a power bank for your iPad Pro 11/12.9 2020.
Capacities within power banks are measured by milliampere-hour. The higher the capacity, the longer the power bank will last. Generally, if you are going to charge only for your smartphones, a 10,000mAh power bank is a common choice, as it not only provides 2-3 times of charge, but also it is portable for you to take anywhere you go. If you just want to charge your phone every once in a while, a 3000mAh mini portable charger might be for you. As for most tablets, we recommend choosing a higher capacity, such as 20,000mAh. Because the iPad Pro 11 2020 has 7600mAh and the iPad Pro 12.9 2020 9720mAh, a 20,000mAh power bank can charge for about 2-2.6 times.
To know the differences between different power banks, it is important to learn the output and input levels of power banks. The output charging is the charging done to the devices. And the input charging refers to the recharge of the power bank itself. More specifically, you can know about the charging speed through the terms as below.
Voltage: The voltage is the regulator of the charging process. It works to keep the current or the charging speed constant.
Amperage: Amperage is the main factor in charging speed. Basically, the more current there is, the faster the power is delivered to the device you are charging. However, if the voltage is low, the current will not be constant and the charging speed can be limited.
Output charging speed:
Quick Charge: 9V/3A
Most mini power banks have 1A charging current. It is somewhat slow but more than enough to meet light charging needs. The more common speed is 5V/2A, this is especially the case if power bank has two ports where one port may have 2A charging and the other port has 1.0A charging. The fast charging speed 5V/2.4A is the one that doesn’t need any special charging technology, while the Quick Charge is only available with devices that are compatible with Quick Charge technology and the power bank must have Quick Charge enabled charging ports as well for Quick Charge speeds to actually take effect.
The 2020 iPad Pro comes with an 18W USB-C fast charger in the box. However, that doesn’t mean you can charge it within 18W speed. Instead, it supports up to 30W charging speed. So it’s absolutely OK to buy any power bank with Q.C. charge.
Charging ports are very connected to the amount of capacity that a power bank holds. That doesn’t make sense if a power bank with 3000mAh capacity has more than one port, while it’s common to notice multiple ports on power banks with large capacity. Ultimately, how many ports depends on your need. If you want to find a charging hub for your friends and families, or want to charge your iPad and your other smartphones at the same time, the multi-port power bank is for you. If you find that having too many ports is too much of a hassle, a lightweight portable charger with one port is better.
One of the main reasons power banks exist in the first place is because they’re highly portable. Generally, the higher the capacity, the less portable the power bank is. Although that is mostly true, today’s manufacturers tend to make the power bank relatively small. So considering 20,000mAh is the most recommended capacity, you can decide whether or not you need to buy a smaller one.
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Ultra-High Capacity: The massive 20, 000mAh capacity provides more than 5 and a half charges for iPhone XS, more than 4 full charges for Samsung Galaxy S10, and over 2 and a half charges for iPad mini 5.
- High-Speed Charging: deliver an 18W high-speed charge to phones, Tablets, and more via the USB-C power delivery port or the Qualcomm Quick Charge-enabled USB port.
- Rapid Recharge: Pair the included USB-C to USB-C cable with an 18W Power Delivery wall charger (not included) to refuel your PowerCore in less than 7 hours. Please note: Recharging with a normal USB wall charger will take approximately 20 hours.
- What You Get: PowerCore Essential 20000 PD, USB-C to C cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service. (USB-A to C cable and Power Delivery wall charger not included.)
- SUPER-FAST CHARGING: The 45W USB C PD portable laptop charger powers your MacBook Pro, notebook, USB C laptop 33% faster than 30W PD power bank, 60% faster than 18W USB C power bank.
- UNBELIEVABLE RECHARGE SPEED: Using Power Delivery input to recharge this USB C portable charger in ONLY 3 hours with included 60W PD charger (3 times faster than 18W wall adapter).
- ULTRA-HIGH CAPACITY: Huge 20000 mAh laptop power bank, charges13” MacBook pro (2018) 1.1 times, provide most phone over 6 times, and over 4 charges for Nintendo Switch. [TSA Approved] Bring on a plan worry-free.
- PREMIUM & SOLID ALUMINIUM SURFACE – We are so proud of the fact that every customer is quite impressed with the solid and beautiful design of our POWER DELIVERY portable charger.
- WHAT YOU GET: 1* Luxtude PD Power Bank 20000, 1* 60W USB C PD Charger (Power Delivery Support), 1* USB C to USB C PD Charging Cable, 1* Travel Pouch, 1* Users Guide, Our Worry-Free 18-Month Warranty and Best Customer Service.