How long to charge a power bank 20000 mAh to full Capacity?
Having a power bank with you can be extremely convenient when there’s no extra available power supply. Once your power bank is juiced up, you can use it to charge electronic devices on the go. The capacity of 20000 mAh is a commonly used rate, for a branded 20000 mAh power bank, it’s capable of charging iPhone for 7.5+ times, samsung S6 for 5+ times or iPad mini for 2+ times. One of the frequently question from power bank users is: does it take a long time to get 20000 mAh fully charged?
How long to charge a power bank 20000 mAh to full capacity ?
There is a famous container and tap rule in simple plain layman’s language :
1.Charging a battery with charger is same as filling a container with water.
2.The time taken to fill the container totally depends on how much water flows through the tap.
3.There are different kinds of taps and companies that have different taps and water flow.
4.Depending on this flow the container will get filled at different timing.
In a word, the charging time basically depends on the charger you use. A formula to solve how long to charge a power bank:
Charging time in hours = ( power bank capacity in mAh) /(charging rate in mA)
Literally there are 2 factors will affect the charging rate : Output of charger ( Tap ) & Input of power bank ( Water Flow )
Currently most power banks are designed with 5V 2A input standard, which stands for the biggest amount of flow it can accept. Theoretically the charger you use to juice up such a power bank should be able to provide 2 A current flow which exactly match the needs. However, considering an estimated 15% power consumption during charging/discharging process, the actual input current would be 1700 mA ( 1.7A ).
Applying the formula above the power bank 20000 mAh rated charging time = 20000 mAh / 1700 mA = 11.76 hours
If you use a 1A rated charger, the charging time will be doubled to around 24 hours, which is not that acceptable.
Differ from the classical single input port, dual input ports design is applied by EasyAcc 20000mAh Power Bank (Buy At Amazon), which means the charging time is halved to around 6 hours. Another option is OUTXE Savage 20000mAh Rugged Solar Charger 4A Dual Input (Type C and USB) (Buy At Amazon) which is seriously built rugged against water, dust and tumbles, thoughtfully designed for outdoors, additionally the built-in high-effective 2W solar panel offers you a reliable alternative and renewable eco-friendly energy source. ultra-fast output power up to 18W, it takes only 1.7 hours to fully charge Samsung Galaxy S9. It has a 35 hours-lasting strong flashlight, 3 modes includes SOS , it works even underwater. It’s the best power bank for outdoors, solid, reliable and powerful.
Certainly the accessory of dual ports charger is a must-have.
What if the output of charger is higher than 2A? Does that mean the charging time will be shorter?
The answer is ” No “, technically the power bank would only draw the current it needs through the charger, even though some chargers can supply higher current, the power bank would only allow 2A flow ( except for higher input demanding power banks ).
Highly recommended Power Bank with 20000 mAh capacity:
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 10 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Ultra-High Capacity: Weighs as little as a can of soup (12.5 oz) yet charges the iPhone 7 almost seven times, the Galaxy S6 five times or the iPad mini 4 twice.
- High-Speed Charging: PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to deliver the fastest possible charge(does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge). Recharges itself in 10 hours with a 2 amp charger, phone chargers (generally 1 amp) may take up to 20 hours.
- Certified Safe: Anker’s MultiProtect safety system ensures complete protection for you and your devices.
- What You Get: Anker PowerCore 20100 Portable Charger, Micro USB cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our fan-favorite 18-month warranty and friendly customer service. Lightning cable for iPhone / iPad sold separately.
- Quick Charge 3.0 Input & Output: 75% faster technology, charge compatible smartphones from 0 to 80% in only 35 minutes; QC3.0 input allows for speedy recharging of the battery charger
- Type-C Input & Output: Power bank recharges up to 5V/3A; compatible with Nintendo Switch, 12-inch MacBook, Google Pixel 2, Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus, Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Bigger Capacity and Faster Recharge: 20100mAh charges the Nintendo Switch 2.5 times, iPhone X 4.4 times; fully recharge the power bank in just 4.5 hours (QC3.0 charger) or 10.5 hours (5V/2A charger)