How is DJI Osmo Action waterproof rated?
Following the fever of Osmo Pocket DJI launched its new anticipated product — Osmo Action, it is regarded as a GoPro rival, it’s the first action camera DJI announced and certainly the strongest competitor is GoPro’s Hero 7 Black. It looks a lot like a GoPro but the dual color displays design make DJI Osmo Action a better choice for vlogging. The official datasheet suggests that DJI Osmo Action is dustproof, dropproof for 1.5 meters and waterproof for 11 meters. As a rugged action camera, 11m depth limit without any extra housing case is pretty impressive, GoPro 7 is claimed to be able to submerge underwater 10m, so DJI Osmo Action wins in the waterproof capability.
Since DJI Osmo Action is already waterproof with 11m depth, do you still need waterproof case for it? Actually it depends on how depth you will go. For a regular underwater shooting not deeper than 11m, DJI Osmo Action without housing is sufficient to go with a watertight seal and a hydrophobic coating on the back touchscreen, if you would like to use it while scuba diving you’d better put a case on it. DJI is building out its own ecosystem, bundling an enclosure with a universal mount, as well as several neutral-density, polarizer, and underwater lens filters, the 60m waterproof case is an optional accessory you can purchase when it’s necessary.
In conclusion, the DJI Osmo Action is waterproof at depths of up to 11 meters without housing, and can be enabled dives to 60 meter with a waterproof case. It shares a lot in common with GoPro Hero 7 Black like the dual camera and 4K video options, but it somehow utilizes a color front display and a better anti-shake function in Rock Steady mode, plus it features better waterproof depth ( GoPro is 10 meters waterproof ) , what can you expect more at the price $349?
Recommendation of Accessories for DJI Osmo Action:
1.EasyAcc 20000mAh USB-C Portable Charger $44.99 currently
- Never get drained with your DJI Osmo Action with the usb-c charging port.
- Multi-port Charging: 4 USB output port, 3 smart usb port one type-c port, available to fast charge 4 devices at the same time. 18W Qualcomm Quick Charge supported (Green Port).
- Fast Recharge: Doubin Dual USB inputs, recharge with either usb c or micro usb port. Full recharge in 4.5 hours with dual input. Pass through charging compatible.
- Two Type-C Port: Provide one way input or output independent, protect your devices from current flow backward while charging.
- Strong & Compact: 20000mAh High Capacity delivers over 7 charges to iphone 8, 5 charges to Galaxy S8 and iPhone X, or 1.5 charges to iPad Air 2. More convenient as 20% smaller and lighter then other 20000mAh portable power banks.
Does DJI Osmo Action have an HDMI port?