Does the Samsung Galaxy Note 10/ 10 Plus support face unlock
Before the launch of Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and 10 Plus, the active rumor mill swirled around the phones. One of them predicts that there will be no face unlock because the standard only front-facing camera can’t carry out any secure facial scanning like the iPhone XS’s Face ID, which maps your face with infrared.
Does the Samsung Galaxy Note 10/ 10 Plus support face unlock?
On Note 10 series, Samsung moved the fingerprint scanning from the back of the phone to inside the screen. If you are not a fan of In-screen fingerprint sensor, there is a good news for you that Note 10 and Note 10 Plus have Face Unlock. Although it’s not secure like Face ID on the iPhone, but it can be used to unlock the screen. It’s an amazing experience that you can unlock your phone just by throwing a glance at it.
How to turn on face unlock on Samsung Galaxy Note 10/ 10 Plus?
To set up the facial recognition on Note 10 or 10 Plus, operating the following steps is just enough.
Step 1: Open Settings on your Note 10/10 Plus
Step 2: Select Biometrics and security
Step 3: Select Face recognition
Step 4: Press Continue
Step 5: Set a secure screen lock type(Pattern, PIN, or Password) before you register your face.
Step 6: Choose whether you are wearing glasses, and then touch Continue.
Step 7: Register your face by looking at your phone. Hold it 8-20 inches away and position your face inside the square. Hold the position until the progress reaches 100 percent. (If needed, remove your glasses and touch continue to finish the process.)
Step 8: If you want to set the device to unlock the screen without swiping on the lock screen after recognizing your face, touch the switch under Stay on Lock screen to deactivate it.
Step 9: Press Done to access and adjust other settings.
Why my Samsung Galaxy Note 10/ 10 Plus can’t recognize my face occasionally?
Samsung’s facial recognition technology like Huawei’s is not as smart as we imagine. Sometimes, due to the change on your face or condition of ambient light, your phone may could not recognize you. If you meet some difficulty when using face unlock, first of all, make sure your face is in a well-lit circumstance and your image is not blurry because of your movement. If it doesn’t work, try to remove your glasses, hats, masks, makeups, bangs and even shave your beards.
Is face unlock the most secure among all the unlock methods?
Although face unlock sounds like a future advanced technology, it is the lest secure unlock method among others on your phone. Samsung even leaves a notice on its official introduction of Note 10’s face recognition, with small font, that Your phone can be unlocked by someone similar to you(such as a twin). And there are precedents that some people use a photo of a phone’s owner to successfully unlock the phone.
Therefore, if you got something important inside your phone, try other unlock methods instead of face unlock.
Current Price: $11.99
- Hybrid technology that is made of a TPU bumper with a durable PC back
- Crystal clear transparency flaunts original phone design
- Raised bezels lift screen and camera off flat surfaces
- Pronounced buttons are easy to feel and press, while large cutouts fit most cables
- Galaxy Note 10 Case Compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Current Price: $6.89
- PERFECTLY FIT SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10 —- Covering all the buttons, keep best balance between slimness and protection, lightweight and not bulky, supporting wireless charging and reverse charging.
- BLACK TPU MATERIAL —- Black TPU case effectively solves annoying fingerprints and the accumulation of dust and oil, easy slip to your pocket.
- DURABLE PROTECTION —– The raised lips around the screen and camera provide a decent protection when phone is face down, and also saving your phone from accidentally dropping cracking.
- ANTI-SLIP and MINIMALIST —- Sleek and flexible matte TPU enhances the grip, this kind of material is scratch resistant and easy to install and remove, buttons are easily to press.
- PRECISE CUTOUTS —- The case has generous and accurate cutouts for buttons, ports and camera, so you can have all easy access while in use.