Does iOS 13 drain your iPhone battery faster
Since iOS 13 Beta version has been published for a couple of days, some iPhone users had found that the Beta version caused a number of problems so far, surprisingly, most problems released are not related to the battery life, you may still remember the battery issues almost every user complained about when iOS 11 was loaded up. I think Apple must have learned their lessons and optimize the battery experience on iOS 13 this time.
According to the test result on iPhone XR, iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max on iOS 13 Beta, the battery life on each model is even increased by 5-15 minutes from iOS 12.4 version. Therefore, iOS 13 Beta has slightly improved upon the battery on the newer devices, other compatible iPhones might get a totally different result considering the out-dated chip and downgraded battery health status.
How does iOS 13 improve iPhone battery life?
The new feature Dark Mode on iOS 13 may increase the battery life somehow, actually the biggest credit is done by the feature called Optimized Battery Charging, it helps preserve battery life and physical battery degradation over time. Simply go to Settings–>Battery–>Battery Health, you will find the Optimized Battery Charging bar, by turning it on iPhone would learn from your charging routine so it can wait to finish charging past 80% until you need to use it.
How does it reduce the battery aging? When you plug and charge your phone overnight or throughout the day, it would be charged up to 80% and then when it’s getting closer for the time for you to use it, it will continue to charge to that 100%, so instead of bouncing from 99% to 100% back and forth it will stay around 80%, which is healthier over time, this method was introduced and recommended to do manually before, but now iOS 13 just help you accomplish it automatically.
Even though Apple had provided a better solution for users to improve iPhone battery life, it’s still a universal truth that most modern smartphones struggle to make it through a full day of use. A portable charger or power bank is still a must-have accessory for most commuters. In the future our phones may be even more advanced and need even more power, which could leave us right back with the same, one-day battery life that we started with.
Recommendation of Premium Power banks:
1.EasyAcc 20000mAh USB-C Portable Charger $44.99 currently
- Never get drained with your DJI Osmo Action with the usb-c charging port.
- Multi-port Charging: 4 USB output port, 3 smart usb port one type-c port, available to fast charge 4 devices at the same time. 18W Qualcomm Quick Charge supported (Green Port).
- Fast Recharge: Doubin Dual USB inputs, recharge with either usb c or micro usb port. Full recharge in 4.5 hours with dual input. Pass through charging compatible.
- Two Type-C Port: Provide one way input or output independent, protect your devices from current flow backward while charging.
- Strong & Compact: 20000mAh High Capacity delivers over 7 charges to iphone 8, 5 charges to Galaxy S8 and iPhone X, or 1.5 charges to iPad Air 2. More convenient as 20% smaller and lighter then other 20000mAh portable power banks.
2.Anker 20100mAh Portable Charger PowerCore 20100 $44.99 currently
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 10 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Ultra-High Capacity: Weighs as little as a can of soup (12.5 oz) yet charges the iPhone 7 almost seven times, the Galaxy S6 five times or the iPad mini 4 twice.
- High-Speed Charging: PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to deliver the fastest possible charge(does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge). Recharges itself in 10 hours with a 2 amp charger, phone chargers (generally 1 amp) may take up to 20 hours.
- Certified Safe: Anker’s MultiProtect safety system ensures complete protection for you and your devices.
- What You Get: Anker PowerCore 20100 Portable Charger, Micro USB cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our fan-favorite 18-month warranty and friendly customer service. Lightning cable for iPhone / iPad sold separately.